Monday, March 10, 2008
This layout was done using the March Altered Kit from Serendipity Scrapbooks also. You'll soon see I got a lot of mileage out of that kit! I just bought the March I Deserve It All kit but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
Here are the instructions for this layout...enjoy!!
patterned paper: Dream Street Papers (Sweet Confection: Cotton Candy); American Crafts (Metropolitan: Sydney)
rub-ons: Scenic Route (Afterthoughts); Fancy Pants (Splendor)
glitter: Doodlebug Designs (Tangerine)
glitter chipboard alpha: Doodlebug Designs
Popsicle stick: from one of the packages of rub-ons
black ink: Stampin’ Up!
white gel pen: Uni-ball Signo
rub-ons: Making Memories (letters: Destination)
Crop-a-Dile: We R Memory Keepers
dimensional gloss: SU!
ribbon: American Crafts
1. Print focal photo with white border. Print a smaller photo strip and leave a white border around it too. (My photos: 4 x 6 with 1/8” border; strip: photos are 2 ½ x 2, space between is ½”, and border is 1/8”).
2. Cut out flower pattern. (I used one on the edge since it was going under my picture anyway.) Ink with black ink. Doodle with white gel pen, if desired.
3. Add glitter to orange flowers on background page.
4. Adhere flower cut out to photo strip. Apply flourish rub-on to flower.
5. Re-color glitter letters, if desired. Adhere to page.
6. Adhere photos to page.
7. Finish title out with rub-ons (or stickers) if needed.
8. Add journaling.
9. Apply rub-ons to Popsicle stick. Punch holes in ends with Crop-a-Dile and tie ribbon on. Top with dimensional adhesive—this will help seal the rub-ons.
10. Use flower templates from vase project, trace flowers on back of labeling that came out of vase. Make sure you are on the polka dot part (the small flower fits). Cut out. Trace larger flower anywhere else. Cut and color in with markers and decorate with glitter. Adhere to page.
11. Journal using the lines on the background page.
12. Finish off by doodling if you want.