Here are two more layouts I did this weekend! I used the DW 2008 calendar prompts for these too. I used the prompt to watercolor a unique background for Angel Baby. A few weeks ago I was up at the scrapbook store and they had Prima's Paintables in stock. I grabbed one thinking it would be fun to play with. I did most of the background with plain ole Crayola watercolors. I used masking fluid to paint the angel and the swirls and then just painted the rest with the watercolors. After Christmas, I bought the Cottman watercolor starter set from Winsor & Newton. I mixed my water with gum arabic and painted the angel and the swirls. Then after it dried, I painted over it with Iridescent Medium (Winsor & Newton) to make it glittery. I went back over the angel wings with gold Stickles (Ranger).
For the other layout, the prompt was to use less-than-perfect photos. I think Ali actually took these when she got her first camera. She loved dressing Caden up in girl clothes! She wanted a sister so bad and I just keep having boys. So this was her way of making up for it! This layout also worked for Jana's Crystal Clear challenge on Crop Addict (if I can ever remember to upload it there...need to do that when I get done here!). I wrote my journaling on a transparency and then painted the back. The journaling shows up way better in real life. I just used Stampin' Up!'s Big Deal Alphabet and Supersize Symbols (retired) to do the title. I also threw a bunch of buttons I had from Magic Scraps on there. The paper is from American Crafts.
I hope I get some more scrappy time in today!! I've already spent a little time working on my ribbon storage. I have soooo much ribbon! It's scattered all over my room. Last week I went to Home Depot and got a dowel stick and some eye screws. And true to form, I didn't take a spool with me...I knew I could just eyeball it. Well, I eyeballed it alright...the dowel didn't fit by about a 1/16"!! Brannon took it back this weekend and exchanged it for me. So now I have a ribbon holder hanging in my closet! I'll try to post pics later. I just put the screws in the ends of the stick and hung it on the clothes rod with ribbon. I also tied a ribbon in the middle for extra support...remember I have TONS of ribbon, so that little stick would break in two without extra support. And, no, I still have ribbon stored in different places, but this was the bulk of it...mostly retired SU! ribbon and other ribbon I've bought at the store.
Now, I'm off to check the message boards and clean house so I can scrap some more!!