Thursday, May 3, 2007

Demo Planner Challenge

The big flower card is a card I made for the Demo Planner Challenge on splitcoaststampers for April. I used Brocade Blue for the card base and layered Ruby Red cardstock stamped with an image from Doodle That in Ruby Red ink on top of the card. I tied mustard grosgrain ribbon around it first. I also used the slit punch for the tab at the top. The flower is from Doodle This and is stamped with Staz-On Jet Black on Confetti White. It is colored with the metallic art pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits (Mona Lisa brand). I threaded some beads from the Rich Regals group on a piece of wire from Wire Works and twisted it. It is attached with Crystal Effects. This was then layered on More Mustard and that whole thing was layered on the Ruby Red piece under the slit. Oh...and I inked all the edges with Basic Black before putting it together.


I made this card for this month's Planner Challenge. The card base is Apricot Appeal. I inked the edges with Basic Black. The strip in the middle is Pumpkin Pie. It is distressed with the distress tool from the cutter kit and inked with Basic Black. I tied rose and maize grosgrain ribbon around it before adhering to my card. I used the word window punch to make the word tag. I only inked the "thank you" portion of the stamp (Simply Said set) and stamped it on the tag. The white dots were made with the white gel pen. Next, I stamped the flower image with VersaMark on Regal Rose cardstock and embossed it with black detail emboss powder. I painted the flowers with bleach and after that dried, I painted it again with Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, and Apricot Appeal Classic ink. I dotted the middle of the flowers with the white gel pen and traced the stems with an Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker (the small end). The corners were punched with the ticket corner punch. It is layered on Summer Sun cardstock and the corners are dotted with a white gel pen. All the edges were inked with Basic Black, too. The flower piece and the word tag are both adhered to the card with dimensionals.
This was a fun challenge for me...I would not have used those colors together on my own but I liked it after I was finished.


Back to my playroom....or I guess I need to feed the kids first and then it's back to my playroom!




Wish me Luck!!

I have gotten a lot of good response from my Growing Up layout (see pic in Crop Addict post). So today I took the plunge and submitted it to Creating Keepsakes. I thought that would be pretty fun! So wish me luck and if anything ever comes of it, I'll let you know!